Dolapo Adufe's Blog Artist Of The Month.

ITS A BIG HONOR TO HAVE YOU ON OUR PLATFORM. YOU ARE WAY BIG IN THE INDUSTRY, ALL YOUR MUSIC IS GREAT BUT YOU KNOW WE ALL HAVE A FAVORITE AND I WILL SAY MISSING RIB ALWAYS SPEAK TO ME EACH TIME I AM LISTENING TO IT.

Well enough of me talking (lol). For our audience i will love to introduce you to our artist of the month... Morientez! He is a very inspiring and amazing singer that has been dishing out really amazing songs for awhile now - songs like missing rib (my favorite), your love, sexy somebody, closer - the list is endless.

Everyone, I welcome you all to MORIENTEZ!

(I will be getting up close and personal with him in this interview with some cool details about MORIENTEZ you never knew.)

First can we get to meet you MORIENTEZ (your real name, where you from):-

My name is Ubido Chukwdi Daniel, i hail from Delta state Nigeria, I'm the last child of three. 

1. When and why did you start music?

I started music at the age of 7, way back in children's choir all thanks to my mom because she identified that I and my sister could sing and she made it a necessity to always take us to church for choir practice because she was a chorister back then. Why I started music was because music chose me, I didn't look for music because I actually did attend the University of Benin to study chemistry and music found me right there.

2. Which instruments do you play?


I play the guitar.

3. What was the first tune(s) you learned?

(sing an alicia keys song) NO ONE

4. Is your family musical?

Yeah I can say my family is sure musical, because my mom sings, my sister sings too and I sing so yes, I'm from a very musical family (smiles)


5. Describe your family members' musical interests and abilities.

Well, I'm the only one doing music professionally, they're not really doing it on a large scale but you know they could swing in anytime they want (smiles).

6. Which famous musicians do you admire? Why?

I admire a lot: John Legend, Chris Brown, the great Marvin Gaye - may his soul rest in peace - a lot of them, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, the list is endless.

7. Which famous musicians have you learned from?

I've learned a whole lot from John Legend, Chris Brown, Marvin Gaye, Fela, Bob Marley; there are a whole lot of musicians I have learnt from because when I was growing up, I actually did listening to them and I scored a whole lot of notes and a lot of stuff from them so I had a good bit of all their rhythms.

9. Which musician(s) are you looking to working with?

Wow, the number 1 on my top list will be John Legend and Chris brown for sure and a whole lot that I can't start listing out.

10. What are your fondest musical memories? In your house? In your neighborhood or town?

Yeah, this will be when I first had to record a single and it happened the period I had to go in for a competition that was pretty big back then in school - the MTN\SOUNDCITY CAMPUS BLAST, which I WON. It was a big and amazing experience because I was in front of thousands of people; me winning and touring since then has actually changed my life.

11. Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones?

Oh yes. I was Influenced by a lot, I mean a lot of old record tapes because I'm an old soul myself. So I listened to a lot of old skool music - so yes, I was really inspired by their tune back then.

12. Who are your favorite musicians?

Like I said before I love John Legend, Chris Brown, Marvin Gaye, Anita Becker, I love a lot. Come down to Africa you have Fela, Asa, 2Face, I won't put that I love these ones way more because they all make great songs - so I love all that sound GOOD.

13. Have you been in competitions? 

Yes I have been in a whole lot of competitions. Actually before now, before things moved so high for me, I've been in series of competitions. So yes I paid my due. I could give you a list: In 2007, I was the winner of MTN\SOUNDCITY CAMPUS BLAST. In 2008, I went for STAR QUEST and I came out 2nd with the band - DA HERITAGE, that same year I was in AMSTEL MALT BOX OFFICE, of which I came 5th. In 2009, I was on NAIJA SINGS of which I left at the semi finals. The list is long but if you go through my website you will surely see how far I have come in the music industry.

14. Do you perform in public? Describe those occasions. Concerts, radio, TV?

Definitely, I do perform in Concerts, Weddings, Acoustic intimate shows and all of that, so yes I do.

15. What is your most embarrassing moment in the music making world? If there is any.

LOL, so I remember this beautiful day I had a show back in school, that was almost after I won MTN\SOUNDCITY CAMPUS BLAST, I was a big shot in school and everyone knew me because I was popular so the thing was - I had a show that day and I didn't know the pants I had on that moment was not as strong as I had hoped so there was a move I had always wanted to do on stage - I'm doing the move and my pants just got torn open but you know the show must still go on no matter what (lol). I was like "oh sh*t" but you know at the end of the day, it was an amazing show.

16. Do you get nervous before a performance and how do you handle the pressure?

Honestly, we all really do. No matter how big you are, there are some big crowd you get to meet and you will definitely feel the pressure and get nervous but the truth is - the good thing about the whole thing is when you stay in the music business long enough you will be able to channel that nervousness into a good purpose so at the end of the day you come out on top.

17. What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous?

Well, like I said, nervousness is always gonna be there but what's more important is the fact that you know that you "gat" this and you know you are made for this and you know this is you about to kill it and give it all of your best anytime you climb up the stage, so stay ready and stay prepared too so whenever you are called upon, you get to deliver all the way, the best of yourself for your fans.

18. How often and for how long do you practice?

I practice a lot every now and then. I pick up the guitar every now and then and practice a whole lot because this is what I love doing. I sleep next to my guitar so I basically go around with it and anytime I get a tune in my head I just pick it up and put out what's in my head.


19. What do you practice - exercises, new tunes, hard tunes, etc.?

Well for me I like to try a lot of new things. New tunes, because i love to test myself a lot and go beyond my limit cause I believe music has no limit so when I'm practicing I like to learn new notes, new cords, new songs to score because that is the only way you can get better. 


20. Do you teach music - if we got anyone in our audience that will love for you to mentor them?

Oh yes I do. If you love music, you should be able to teach it. This is coming from the fact that I have been through a whole lot of series of music teaching classes, so far so good I will say that every artist needs music knowledge and not just going into the studio and doing music.



21. How do you balance your music with other obligations - mate, job?

Well, for me I think it's all based on proper planning because it's not easy when you get to do this and you get to do that but at the end of the day if we humans ain't occupied (wetin we gain) what are we doing? Cause I feel we should be able to do more than one thing and do it pretty good.

its been a big pleasure having you on our platform, for our audience that will love to know more about MORIENTEZ you can follow him on all his social platform TWITTER @thisismorientez INSTAGRAM @officialmorientez and on FACEBOOK .facebook.com/OfficialMorientez/ .
You can also get all his songs HERE

Wanna be the next  Dolapo Adufe's Blog artist of the month ?. Feel free to contact me via Twitter (@adufe), Instagram (@dolapoadufe), or email adufeakinola20@gmail.com...

2/Post A Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are the thoughts and uninfluenced opinions of readers. DAB will not in anyway be liable for them. Thank you.

  1. Chúng ta có thể mất tuổi thọ của các bạn nhằm quy định.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peculiar article, totally what I wanted to find.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on this blog are the thoughts and uninfluenced opinions of readers. DAB will not in anyway be liable for them. Thank you.

Previous Post Next Post